Monday, December 13, 2010

The Creek


Ah, Patton Creek. This is the beautiful, clear creek that flows behind the studio. I can imagine this creek as an oasis for the adventurous students after hot, steamy classes. I imagine this creek as a scenic backdrop for our studio cookouts, badminton games, and other festive yoga gatherings.

Currently, though, it is the named source of our permit process being stalled by the city. The area is technically a flood plane and FEMA has new standards to protect commercial tenants. In the event of a flood, we will hopefully be well protected and this current wait will be worth our while. I'll practice patience while the property management, the city building department and FEMA get things straightened out. Trust the process.

Last week was a whirlwind! I spent the weekend of Dec 4-7 at a teacher's seminar in NYC. It was incredible! It was also a mini reunion to see so many that I went to training with. I'm continuing to recruit some fabulous teachers for our studio. I also had time to catch a class at Bikram Yoga Grand Central in Manhattan. Denise Naan, a teacher training classmate of mine just opened the studio. She was a wonderful wealth of information and I learned so much from her.

Later in the week, bids came in from the 6 contractors who were competing for the job. My husband, architect and I carefully chose from the pool of bidders and decided on Cooper Construction. They are ready to roll as soon as we get the permit! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment